There are many ways to give that not only help Marion Military Institute (MMI), but also contribute to your own personal and financial goals.
Outright Gifts: There are a number of ways to make a current gift. While cash is the most often-used way to make an outright gift, such gifts can be funded in a variety of ways:
You also may qualify for a match, which doubles, and sometimes even triples the impact of your gift if you or your spouse are employed by a matching gift company.
1. Cash - Cash gifts are an easy way to give. Cash gifts of any size can have an immediate impact on the University campus, college, or program of your choice. Mail a check to the MMI Foundation, 1101 Washington Street, Marion, AL 36756, or call us at 334-683-2347 with credit card information.
2. Securities - Gifts of stock, bonds, treasuries, and mutual funds that have increased in value. Call us at 334-683-2398 for stock transfer information.
3. Property - You can give real estate (homes, cabins, commercial buildings, farm land, and condos) or tangible personal property (art work, book or antique collections, livestock, or crops). In some cases you can continue to use the asset during your lifetime.
4. Retirement plan assets - One frequently overlooked way you can make a charitable contribution is by using your IRA, qualified retirement plan assets, or commercial annuities.
5. Life insurance - Have a life insurance policy that you no longer need? Giving it to MMI can be a way to combine charitable objectives with tax advantages for you.
Making an outright gift will meet your goals and make great things happen at MMI.