PLC program eligibility:
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must be at least 18 years old to start the program
- Must be at least 20 years old, and no older than 26 on June 30 of the calendar year expected to be commissioned (up to 30 years if prior service, depending on length of previous service)
- Must meet the moral standards for enlistment/accession
- Must be eligible for a Security Clearance
- Must meet USMC Weight and Fitness Requirements
- Must be a full time student in an accredited college or university
- Must maintain a C Average in order to be commissioned. Students are ineligible to apply if they have attained less than a "C" average in the semester/quarter prior to application. Students on academic,disciplinary, social, or moral probation are also ineligible to apply or receive any additional payments.
- Must have a combined score of at least 1000 on the verbal or math sections of the SAT, or a combined score of 45 on the verbal and math section of the ACT, or a minimum score of 120 (waiverable to 115) on the Marine Corps "GT" Composite Score of the ASVAB.