The Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) is a volunteer officer-training program that allows Cadets to participate in Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) while enlisted in the Army National Guard or Army Reserve. The intent of the SMP is to increase the number of officers in the Army National Guard and Army Reserve by increasing ROTC enrollment from enlisted members who are attending college. While participating in SMP, Cadets are in a non-deployable status and are gaining valuable on the job training for use in their units upon commissioning.
Cadets participating in SMP can earn their commission as a Second Lieutenant in just two years through the MMI Early Commissioning Program (ECP).
To particiapate in SMP a Cadet must be/have:
- Currently in or willing to enlist in the Army National Guard or Army Reserve
- Between ages of 17-27 at age of appointment
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum ACT score of 19 or SAT score of 920 (Math and Verbal only)
- Passed Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DODMERB)