Our program here at MMI is definitely on the rise. We have made great strides in recent years to make our program more relevant in the state of Alabama as well as throughout the southeast region.
More recently, our 2011-2012 team completed a historic year for MMI Basketball both on and off the court. That year featured:
• Finished regular season in 2nd place in ACCC North League
• Overall record 21-9; most wins in school history
• David Murray – Region XXII (ACCC) Player of the Year
• Dominique Ellis – 1st Team All-Northern League; 2nd Team All-region; signed scholarship to AUM
• Sherman Smith – 2nd Team All-Northern League
• Community Service Project - Successful Holiday Food Drive for Area Food Bank (1st Annual)
• 1st semester Academic Progress - Team GPA 2.788
• 4 players named to the Academic Achievement List
• 2 players named to the Dean’s List
• Cumulative end-of-the-year Team GPA – 2.732
• 100% Sophomores earned scholarship opportunities to play at the four-year level
Despite the fact that our program was just reinstated in the late 90’s, our athletic department has made great efforts to improve our program with multiple facility upgrades as well as providing other necessary resources to compete consistently at a high level. This has enabled us to recruit quality student athletes who take tremendous pride in our program.
We fully understand and embrace the junior college system and would do anything within the compliance of the NJCAA to help our student athletes. We are committed to providing a platform which helps them achieve all of their goals both academically and athletically.
The men's basketball team competes in Region XXII and the Alabama Community College Conference (ACCC) as a Division I member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA).
Full Weight room equipped with two dumbbell racks, eight power racks, and all your auxiliary lifting stations. The 25-meter pool is open 7 days/ week for recreational swimming as well as individual and team workouts.