Service Academy Program (SAP)
Academy Appointment Record
|School Year||Category||West Point (USMA)||Air Force Academy (USAFA)||Naval Academy (USNA)||Coast Guard Academy (USCGA)||
Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA)
- Complete data unavailable.
- Because of the reputation of MMI's successful SAP Program the number of non-sponsored cadet participation in the program began to increase. As a result we began to track non-sponsored appointments also in 2004-05.
- There were three additional appointments from the MMI Corps of Cadets in 2006-2007:
- One sponsored (AOG) West Point SAP participant who withdrew at mid-semester, enlisted, completed basic and received his appointment.
- One sponsored (AOG) West Point SAP participant from 2005-2006 was forced to withdraw at mid-semester for medical reasons after a car accident. He received his appointment in 2006-2007.
- A MMI high school senior received an appointment to the Coast Guard Academy upon graduation.
- There was an additional appointment from the MMI Corps of Cadets in 2009-2010. A non-sponsored SAP participant from 2008-2009 returned to MMI and completed another year. He reapplied to the Air Force Academy and received his appointment in spring 2009-2010.
- Two additional CGA appointments were made involving MMI cadets in Spring 2011: A 2010 MMI alumnus and a cadet enrolled in the 2010-11 Leadership Education Program as a wrestler. Both applied to the Coast Guard Academy and received their appointments.
- An additional appointment was received to West Point by a cadet enrolled in the Early Commissioning Program. He had been dual-enrolled in the SAP and ECP program in 2010-11, but did not receive an appointment that year. He came back for a second year in the ECP program and re-submitted his application, this time successfully, to West Point.